The White Deer - Dolomites looks into the
distance. He welcomes the true traveler. He is
simple. Profound. True. He carries with him a
wisdom that has been handed down for centuries.
He follows the rhythm of time. Above him the hues
of dawn sneak across the sky. Rays of sunshine
slowly illuminate the forest and paint the sky in
cobalt blue. When evening comes, the light of day
is set ablaze by the sunset. Finally, it blends away,
contented into the moonlight. Into myriad stars.
- Guest 6+4
- Bedrooms 4
- Bathrooms 4
- Living Space 379 m²
Set in the unspoiled woods of the Val Pusteria, the San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge gives its guests an exceptional and remarkable experience. In earlier times this was used to be a stylish hunting lodge for the local landed gentry engaging in game hunting, this private haven, a 42-acre sanctuary of woods and meadows setting at 1200 meters, will charm even the most discerning guests with its atmosphere and discreet elegance. The bucolic 16th-century chalet’s allure comes from the perfect combination of rural traditions and the artistic aspirations of its previous aristocratic owners. The weighty, ornately carved front door welcomes guests with its pledge of a restful retreat. The high ceiling of the entrance sets the character for the whole lodge, a pleasurable counterpoint to the cozy atmosphere of the sumptuous, principally wooden interior.
The delicately restored setting of the ground-floor omits natural warmth and quiet elegance of a home. Every feature oozes the owners’ certitude of style and design. Precious antiques have been affectionately restored, modern objects carefully fitted – with a great sense for equilibrium and harmony. The sophistication of special textiles and the splendor of the furniture merge with the simplicity of natural materials to produce an ambience of peaceful surroundings. The rooms exude genuine calm sought after by many travelers. Whether it’s the kitchen, the newly tailored rest areas or the four individually furnished bedrooms. Great care is taken to ensure every wish is granted to the guests, every possible effort is made to ensure travelers thoroughly enjoy their stay. The guardians of this jewel have created a captivating space.
- Large hall with 16th-century vaulted ceiling
- Day room with free internet access, DVD, TV SAT, i-pod docking station and children’s games
- Tea room: Lounge and reading room, stereo set, TV, small library
- Dining room: Traditional Tyrolean “stube”
- Kitchen: Fully equipped kitchen, a harmonious blend of tradition and modernity
- Lounge with open fireplace, ideal for an intimate chat or reading a good book
- Il Sogno: facing southeast with views of meadows and woods. Double bed, en-suite bathroom.
- L’Aurora: facing north with view of the Dolomites. Double bed, en-suite bathroom.
- Il Nido: facing east with view of Plan de Corones Mountain. Double room. Shares a bathroom with Il Rifugio.
- Il Rifugio: corner room with views of Plan de Corones Mountain and the Dolomites of Alta Badia Valley. Two bunk beds for four persons. Shares a bathroom with Il Nido.
- Finnish sauna
- Turkish bath – with whirlpool, emotional shower and stereo set
- Panoramic whirlpool
- Ski room with heated ski-boot rack
- iPod Docking station
- DVD player, stereo, radio/CD
- Satellite LCD TV
- Hairdryer, bath robes and slippers
- Luxury bath and beauty products
- Guest telephone
- Feather (or hypoallergenic) pillows and duvets
- Special equipment for children (high chairs and cots for children, child safety seats)
- Wine cellar stocked with more than
- 500 bottles of select South Tyrolean wines
- Ski room with heated ski-boot rack
- Wireless Internet
- Private helipad
- Private chef
- Driver service